Deep Water Solo Rock Climbing | KrabiRock climbing on Krabi's limestone rock formations, then jumping into the ocean
DWS Rock Climbing @ Tonsai Beach, Krabi
All our Deep Water Solo climbing trips include:
- Duration of 5-6 hours
- English speaking experienced guide
- Climbing gear [climbing shoes, chalk, liquid chalk and chalk bags]
- Lunchbox and drinking water
- Ladder to access rock face, and maps of climbing challenges
- Rescue trained boat driver
Deep Water Solo Climbing Tours: Description
Deep water solo [DWS] is a pure and free form of climbing, scaling the rock formation then jumping clear to plunge into the ocean below.
Having pioneered Deep Water Solo rock climbing in the Krabi area we offer a range of DWS activities ranging in difficulty from simple Grade 5 climbs through to 8a.
Here’s a run down of the Deep Water Solo programs which we offer in Krabi, (which depend on the moon and tides):
Day Trip | 700 baht per person
Throughout much of the month the high tide occurs during the middle of the day, (moving throughout the month). This allows a good amount of daylight rock climbing time with total trip duration of 6-7 hours. We’re able to break for lunch midway through the day on a nearby beach, which also offers an opportunity for some challenging bouldering.
Sunset Trip | 1,200 baht per person
This is our ultimate deep water rock climbing trip, only available at half-moon twice monthly.
We depart from Tonsai beach around 13:00, and have about 4-5 hours of climbing time. Then after climbing we head to an isolated beach on ‘Chicken Island’ where we make a BBQ and enjoy a sunset drink & fireshow. We return back to Tonsai beach by ~20:30.
- Swimwear and suntan lotion
- Bring dry clothes for return trip
- Avoid bringing any rubbish to help keep the environment clean (no plastic bags, water bottles etc)
From 700 THB
+66 (0)8 1149 9745
Basecamp Tonsai, Tonsai Beach, Krabi, Thailand